Kenya vs Comoros clash in doubt over coronavirus

0
378

The upcoming Kenya versus Comoros Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) qualifying match is now hanging on the brick due to coronavirus.

This is after the Kenyan government moved to ban all conferences and meetings of more than 15 people of international nature for the next month as a precaution measure to curb the spread of Corona virus.

Health Cabinet Secretary Mutahi Kagwe has also asked members of the public to be vigilant. Kagwe’s statement comes just a few hours after the government postponed this year’s Kenya Open Golf tournament that was scheduled for next week at the Karen Country Club.

FKF president Nick Mwendwa said they are yet to receive official communication from the government whether the statement also affects the Kenya vs Comoros match which will be played at Kasarani Stadium on March 25.

“I have not been informed if the match will be called off,” Mwendwa told Goal. “All I know we are going on with preparations to host Comoros as planned on March 25.”

Earlier on Friday, Mwendwa told Goal Harambee Stars will play the qualifier against the Islanders minus key players owing to the virus.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here