Two Italians barred from entering Kenya

0
173

Security personnel in Mombasa on Monday night restricted two Italians on an Ethiopian Airlines flight from Addis Ababa from disembarking at Moi International Airport.

While addressing the press in Mombasa, the County Commissioner Gilbert Kitiyo said that the plane from Addis Ababa landed with about 70 passengers.

“The plane was not turned away but there are two Italians who were not allowed to disembark,” Mr Kitiyo explained.

He said the other passengers were screened by public health officers and were allowed to go home and self-quarantine as they did not exhibit any symptoms.

Mr Kitiyo added that the plane later left with the two Italians, Marbeillo Fransisco and Marbiello Maurice.

“So far the other passengers are safe since they never showed any signs. They were asked to go home and self-quarantine,” the county commissioner added.

It is understood that the two, a father and son, had been flagged from their port of call in Italy and a red alert was issued because of the high risk station they had departed from.

Italy, which is now under lockdown, is the European country most affected by coronavirus with over 31,500 cases recorded, resulting in 2,500 reported deaths as at this morning.

On Friday, Kenya suspended chartered flights from Italy landing in Malindi or Mombasa with the country’s national carrier Kenya Airways also suspending its flights to the country.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here